Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
The main thread is reserved for Discussion.

This thread is for MacRumors users to give/receive invites. So if you want an invite, please post. If you have an invite to share, please post.

p.s. From OnePlus:

In September, we’ll focus on growing organically through word of mouth. That means shareable invites. Our target is for everyone who purchased a One before August to receive 3 shareable invites which are active for 7 days.

My guesstimate is that 70,000+ purchased the One before August. If each of them get 3 invites to share, that's over 210,000 that will be available in September.

Pre-order is coming in October.

Specs:

Galaxy-S5-Specs.jpg

Last edited:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Why all this drama just to sell a freaking phone. This whole invite fiasco has been going on for a few months no.

You just know if it's this complicated to sell a product, there is no way in hell they can support it.

Just seems like it is way more complicated than it needs to be.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I too am shocked this insane "invite" system is still the only way to purchase this phone, many months after it's been out.

Wasn't this phone officially announced 6 months ago, back in April, and supposedly on sale in May. So fast forward, 5 freaking months already, and this phone still isn't really purchasable yet !!! WTF :(

The Nexus 6 will be the nail in the coffin for this phone. The N6 with next gen hardware specs, and running Android L 5.0 right out of the box, for a similar price as the OnePlus One.

----------

Is the cheaper $299 white OnePlus One even available for purchase ? I thought only the more expensive black One is available ?

boiee

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
I'm gonna be going to Europe soon for my honeymoon and I am trying to find a good option for an unlocked phone to use to explore the beautiful cities there. Having a larger screened phone like the OnePlus One would definitely help with maps, viewing web pages and movies on the go. I'm hearing the battery life is great too.

I've been eyeing the OnePlus One for a while now, but couldn't get lucky enough to get an invite. :(

I'll gladly take an invite if anyone is willing to give one. Thanks!

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
I'm gonna be going to Europe soon for my honeymoon and I am trying to find a good option for an unlocked phone to use to explore the beautiful cities there. Having a larger screened phone like the OnePlus One would definitely help with maps, viewing web pages and movies on the go. I'm hearing the battery life is great too.

I've been eyeing the OnePlus One for a while now, but couldn't get lucky enough to get an invite. :(

I'll gladly take an invite if anyone is willing to give one. Thanks!

see my PM

hurry.

i found a working invite. Might be claimed soon.

It's gone now. Sorrie

Last edited:

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010
I'm sorry but this phone/company is a joke. There was clearly interest in the phone but it remains impossible to get...

And now they start talking about the OnePlus Two...

Pathetic...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
I'm sorry but this phone/company is a joke. There was clearly interest in the phone but it remains impossible to get...

And now they start talking about the OnePlus Two...

Pathetic...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I started being interested in this phone beginning of September. Over one month, I received from friends and relatives half a dozen of invites : impossible to get is a wrong statement, at least it maybe was last spring but nowadays it is much easier to be invited...

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I actually may ask for an invite, once I see the official Nexus 6 reveal, with the true 100% correct specs, size, and weight, etc...

If Google can somehow make this 5.9" Nexus the same overall size and no larger than a 5.5" phone like the iPhone 6 Plus or OnePlus One, with very slim bezels, then I will go the Nexus 6 route.

But if the Nexus 6 is a huge giant and way bigger, than the OnePlus One will be my next phone.

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
I actually may ask for an invite, once I see the official Nexus 6 reveal, with the true 100% correct specs, size, and weight, etc...

If Google can somehow make this 5.9" Nexus the same overall size and no larger than a 5.5" phone like the iPhone 6 Plus or OnePlus One, with very slim bezels, then I will go the Nexus 6 route.

But if the Nexus 6 is a huge giant and way bigger, than the OnePlus One will be my next phone.

Pretty much in line with Mr Big T...

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
I just received an invite to buy the phone but have no use for it. First to PM me gets it.

Hurry tho...less than 24hrs left

EDIT: Given away

Last edited:

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I've been looking for an invite too.

The Nexus 6 @ $700 is out of my range right now, so the $349 OnePlus One is easier pill to swallow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.