OnePlus Risks?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by nviz22, Jun 3, 2018.

1. nviz22 macrumors 601

nviz22

What are some risks I may incur with an owning a OnePlus device in the US? I am concerned about product support, security/data privacy, warranty coverage, and brand reliability.

2. borgranta macrumors 6502

borgranta

The headquarters is in China. That fact may enable China to use OnePlus to spy on America through the phones.

3. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

Although being spied on by your own government is far worse...
    I would rather China spied on me than America or Europe because China can do precisely jack with the data.

4. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 601

nviz22

Google can sell your info. Same with FB. Unless it’s BLU or ZTE, I guess no other Chinese firms got caught violating some ethics or laws off the top of my head?

5. c0ppo macrumors 65816

c0ppo

EU spies on it's own citizens, as does Russia. They spy on foreign people as well. As does China.
    But here is a shock for you all: So does US! Actually, biggest spying scandals are made by US government in the last 10 years.

So if spying is of any concern, then don't purchase a smartphone. Any smartphone.
    I bet that china is spying or at least trying to spy on some of prominent US citizens, of course they are. But I highly doubt that they find some random folk interesting at all.

Industrial espionage, or spying on US government/military - of course.
    But spying on regular Joe who posts on twitter, facebook and searches for p0rn - I don't think that they are that interested in you :)

6. ramram55 macrumors 6502a