Ongoing Mail problems . . .

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kayakjack, Jul 9, 2009.

1. kayakjack macrumors newbie

Hello again. I was able to restore all my missing email history, both in and out, from my two email accounts, but now cannot send any outgoing messages (my incoming appears to be working ok). It's giving me a message that "Mail Delivery Failed" every time I try to send something out. I didn't realize this was a problem because I wasn't sending any emails out until now. Besides my mail history, my Mail/Preferences/Accounts window appeared to be wiped clean as well, or so I thought. I was able to get the incoming and outgoing mail server info from my two accounts, and entered that in. But now I am wondering if the Port 110 is correct as I did not enter that in, but it is there (maybe a default?). I have looked at Help but can't seem to find anything relevant to this. I know that I can log into my accounts directly and send from those, but I like the convenience of using the Mail icon. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? You might want to see my earlier post for some background on my email problems. Thank you for your help. Regards, kayakjack

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Post your email account type (gmail, aol, etc) and your operating system. I've heard of this problem before, but I think it related more to the email account (aol, gmail, etc). You may have to check with aol, gmail, etc for information on that, but try posting the information I requested and see if that can help you.