Onion-powered iPod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MagicWok, Nov 24, 2008.

1. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

I know that this has been very vaguely covered by MR before (I mean like 10 or so dismissive posts, but the English press seems to have caught onto this kid...

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article..._article_id=414703&in_page_id=34&in_a_source=
    (Metro is a free London-based paper, incase those not in the UK do not recognise the URL)

Now I don't know if this is actually working, since the general level of pesimissim from places like TUAW when covered in late 07 - or an example some awful uk editorial and journalism that lies at the bottom of the barrel. The youtube vid is fairly old too, but some press don't seem to be too bothered about that fact.

I for one am sceptical. I'd want to see a pic, or better yet, a video of the iPod showing a charging screen (not from the youtube vid) when connected to said onion. Though I do have an old usb connector and an iPod Photo lying around somewhere that I may try if I get bored...

Discuss :p

2. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

Didn't a recent web-only episode of MythBusters proved this does not work??

5. mexicali macrumors newbie

I saw another version of this method on YouTube… although it too looks bogus.