Online Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ljx718, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ljx718 macrumors 6502

Hey guys, quick question. Trying to get the retina macbook pro in the apple store is starting to get a bit frustrating. Now, with the online apple store if the specific store has in stock at the time i order would i be able to choose the "pick up" option?

seeing if any f you have any experience in that. thanks.

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

If they have it in stock at the apple store, you can buy it online and pick it up at the store within the hour. Otherwise, you will have to wait until they ship it to either your house or your local apple store for in-store pickup.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I believe the "pick up" option for the RMBP is disabled right now. Demand is too high. For store p/u I think you have to just be lucky and be there when they get them in stock.

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I'd advise you to order online, and whatever spec you choose, upgrade the Ram to 16GB, this will at least future proof it. There is a good chance the SSD will be able to be upgraded in the future, but not the RAM.

5. Shahidkapoor macrumors member

Shahidkapoor

I've ordered online and it says 3-4 weeks dispatch time .. Will it actually take 3-4 weeks to dispatch? Or they'll decrease it? I've ordered the base line RMBP. I think only BTO orders are shipped from China..i guess the base ones are shipped from local warehouse .. Then why is it telling 3-4 weeks to dispatch .. Anyone ??

6. ljx718 thread starter macrumors 6502

i wont need the 16 gb ram. plus, depending how great the updates are next year, i already decided to sell the retina i get this year for next years model. pretty much going to rent it.

now, NEXT year i will be getting 16gb ram and at least a 512gb ssd.

7. vbtwo31984 macrumors regular

Everything ships straight from China (base and BTO). When I ordered the first day, it said 7-10 days ship time, but they shipped it 3 days later, so you might get lucky and have it ship earlier.

Fedex just brought it in! Off to unbox it.