Online applecare question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 14, 2007.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I ordered apple care for my MB last friday and am supposed to get it today only. Ordered it from Canada online apple store since I couldnt find it in the local market and there`s no apple store nearby.

I had bought my MB on May 16,06. So that means I have to activate apple care by tomorrow. But when I talked to the apple support they told me that my applecare wud be activated as soon as I purchase it online. Is it really so? I still doubt it.

I checked my MB`s status on apple.com before ordering the applecare. It showed the purchase date as 16May2006 and it was covered under limited warranty. But when I checked it today it showed purchase date as 12AUG2006:eek:. WTF? And it still was covered under apple limited warranty. Whats going on here? I reconfirmed the serial number and checked it again but it gave me the same response.

Does anyone has any idea whats wrong here? All I care bout is that my MB gets covered under Applecare. Can any one confirm that the Applecare is activated on your mac as soon as you order it online?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Any guesses why my date of purchase is shown incorrect?

4. nightelf macrumors 6502

Where did you buy the MacBook? The date they display on support.apple.com is an estimate. The valid date is the one in the MacBooks invoice.