Online backup Solutions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Hello members,

I just sighed up for a iDrive account and it's looking good so far, what are others here using for online back up?

2. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

3. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I just started with BackBlaze. So far I'm pleased, thought my assessment is premature as it hasn't even finished the initial backup yet. It's been going for almost a week, but I have lots of stuff. About 750 GB.

I really like the throttle control, where you can tell hit how much bandwidth to use for backup, and how much to reserve for other Internet traffic. I crank it all the way up over night, and lower it in the morning.

4. ekoloss macrumors newbie

I use DropBox for backing up all important files. I know, it's not for back up, it's for sharing files, but if you want back up something like your texts (I'm a writer) - dropbox can be very useful.

5. ianma macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Desire_A8181 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I use a combination of Dropbox and Mozy backup.

As with the former, the latter gives you 2GB free hosting, but you may pay for more if required. Mozy is geared toward backup, while Dropbox is for synchronising files over multiple locations.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I've been using IDrive. It's been more than adequate for my needs, which are modest.

7. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I've just deleted iDrive. It was preventing my hd from auto sleeping and now that problem has retuned and I can't solve it.

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Hmmm. If the problem has returned, then maybe it wasn't IDrive's fault. I only use it manually myself.