Online Banking (Lloyds TSB) on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ::Lisa::, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Hey all,

So I was at my friends house tonight and I wanted to check my bank balance via online banking. I bank with Lloyds TSB and I imported my bookmarks from my computer so went to the login page on there. Entered my user ID and password but it just keeps bringing me back to the login page.

User ID and password are correct. If they're wrong it normally says so in red text above the input forms. It doesn't have any red text just keeps bouncing me back to the same page.

Can you not do online banking on the iPhone? Is that a security feature or is it just that it won't accept the cookies or something? For my online banking at Lloyds TSB there are a username, password then it normally forwards to a second page where it gives you 3 drop down menu's and asks you to fill in a random number of your pin (i.e. 3rd, 5th and 6th character of that pin).

Thanks in advance.

2. memesmith macrumors regular

Online banking works fine for me with First Direct. But I do remember some news item a while back, where they announced theirs was the first service to be adapted for the iPhone.

3. DuFFy macrumors regular

Ive had the same probelm with ebay and facebook lately, i dont think its the banking because ive looked at my commerce account before on my phone, but the last couple days i cant log into anything.

4. bigaug macrumors newbie

Yea, I have US bank and I can internet bank just fine.

5. moel macrumors 6502

Hello

I get the same problem with lloydstsb on mine, it's an incompatibility issue between safari (on the iphone) and lloyds.

Sorry :(

How weird i live right next door to Nottingham!

6. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. Glad to know it's just not me. Well not glad, but you know what I mean!

Is there any way we can report this as a bug to Safari on the iPhone or anything? I'd really like to see this fixed as if I'm out and about and see something I would like to buy, it would be a HUGE help to be able to check my online banking there and then and seeing if I can afford.

I tried searching it last night and found this thread.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yes there is. Apple Bug reporter. You may even get a reply, I have received replies on about 40% of the bugs I have submitted but they usually take a long time to get a response.

8. moel macrumors 6502

In the mean time Lloyds do offer a weekly text service with your balance!

9. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Perfect thanks for that :)

Although, ironically I get an error after I try and login to report the issue. It does say something about "ADC Membership is required to use this tool" which I assume I'm getting the error because I'm not. I'll try the email address the error gives me. Thanks again.

Thanks for that but I like to view it online as it gives me the most up to date information available on my account.

10. poolside2010 macrumors newbie

I have also been having the same Llloyds TSB log-in problem as of 2009 since I purchased my 2nd Iphone in August. I find that after about 3 or 4 goes it does actually work. I have also tried tilting the screen and clearing some data usage through the iphone's settings menu. It also depends I think on the location of where you're using your iphone. You're probably best of using your internet banking whenever your in a 3G area. As I have found being outdoors the problem doesn't seem to happen as much. So if you live in near a big industrial area, in a basement or a by a steep hill, the reception probably won't be as good. It still sounds like a safari issue to me going by the number of posters here, but then again I am no expert here. I hope everyone has had their issues resolved since their postings in 2007-2008. I will however keep perceviering with mine till it is fully functioning again. If you're on T-Mobile Web 'n' Walk that seems to be ok with some of the older style sony ericsson's. So I'll probably be using that just for my Lloyds TSB banking

11. pugnut macrumors 6502a

12. lllll macrumors regular

Just how secure is opening your bank account throught iPhone's network?

13. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

All login pages are SSL encrypted, using it over the 'iPhone Network' is either going to be Wi-Fi or 3G(or similar cellular). If it's over 3G it's probably safer than over a public wifi due to the possibility of a man in the middle attack.

I've actually only had the 'bounce back' problem happen once. I was quite suprised when it happened but it hasn't happened since.
    I do really wish they would make an app that has your details within that. I guess it's not really a priority for a bank to make an application for a phone that will cost them money and put the security of their customers at risk.

14. js69uk macrumors newbie

Its due to it taking too long to send/recieve the secure data and timing out. You are probably on a slow edge or gsm data which is why its timing out and returning to the login page. If you try the same page on 3G or Wifi it will work fine. Its not a fault with Lloyds its the data connection being to slow thats the problem.

I regularly use Lloyds internet banking on my iPhone and its always been the same. On the original iPhone it would only work on WiFi or if I had Edge signal, on the iPhone 3G it would work on Edge, 3G and Wifi and the same on the new 3GS.

15. Espee macrumors newbie

hi guys

hi guys, I know this was discussed like 3 years back, but I am having the-same problem now, with the lloyds tsb internet banking on the iphone taking me back to the start page after i entered my password, instead of the page to enter memorable info, i tried using opera browser on the iphone, still not working! how did u guys resolved the issue please?
    Early reply will be greatly appreciated.
    love, Espee...xx.

16. synagence macrumors 6502a

I just tried it ... i'm on iPhone 4 with 4.3.2 and it works fine ... no problems... try doing cache clear / cookie clear on the device and a restart

17. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You know, instead of filing more bug reports with Apple, maybe it's time for iPhone users with Lloyds TSB accounts to ask them to make a Safari/smartphone-friendly online banking system, as most banks now do. Some of them even release iPhone, Android and Blackberry apps.

18. Rory Manton macrumors regular

Rory Manton

I bank online with Lloyds and I have had absolutely no problems at all ether through 3G or a wifi network.

19. edwardreed037 macrumors newbie

I've only ever used my ipad to do internet banking for around a month, and my iphone for a couple years, i have never once had a problem with security, bloody hell why doesnt anyone want to steal my money? oh right, they cant. You know even i ordered my academic dissertation on internet banking through my Iphone. Friend you know i did not found any error or problem while browsing. Its just an awesome Phone.

20. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Lloyds Site Works Fine

For me, on all my devices....Maybe a quick call to their support number on the page? If you try more than three times, they will lock the online account and re-issue passwords etc.

21. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Hi Lisa,
    #
    Lloyds TSB have recently launched an official app. Its on the app store right now. Ive used it and it seems to work fine. Much better than using the browser, hope that helps :)