online computer, brick and mortar scams, and risks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Jul 9, 2008.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

nigerian loan and money scams

high school summer kids working for major clothing outlets/stores asking for signups and then going on shopping sprees

working from home scams for organized crime and other criminals posing as real businesses

reverse mortgage scams in cases where terms, agreements, and risks are not properly dispensed to customer

certain big box company "rebates"

so called annuities

he he, microsoft assurances that vista will soon be stable ;)

what are ones you have heard about or been stung by?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

How many people got stung by the ...

1993 Ford "Quality Is Job 1" Ad :p

Of course they could have meant only 1 employee did quality control.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'm quite skeptical, so I've never been taken by anything. I have probably missed a few legit good deals though.

I figure that if something is real, there is someone I know that has done it and can walk me through the steps.

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

And the ad in this thread is the following. Classic.

Attached Files:

5. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Donald Trump workshops on how to get wealthy. Does anybody realise he was born into money? Or the fact that he has a dead animal on his head?

6. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

Or the fact that he has (as a business) delcared bankruptcy several times....

7. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

according to some sources, like businessweek, forbes, money, and others, yes more than one on the business bankruptcy thing, and on a business level, up to 13 times if you go all the way back into his history

however, he is not worrying about where his next meal is coming from and he will live in relative luxury for the rest of his life

if he lost every holding he ever had tomorrow, he could make a bang up, rolling in cash, living just being on the speaker circuit

ronny made 200k a year as president...in his first one hour speech to japanese businessmen, he got paid two million for his efforts and that was one of many, many speeches worldwide...and oh yeah, the japanese paid his plane fair, accomodations, food, and showered him with a boatload of gifts

clinton and hw have done ok, too

and i hate to think of this, but w will make good money after his term and there will be conservative groups paying him the big speaker circuit bucks

i think w is rich already, but his speaking engagements will put him into a new category of rich, imho

8. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I've been scammed by those "get a free ringtone" ads before, a long time ago.:eek:

Great, my least favorite ad has showed its face.

Attached Files: