Online Fax Service?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by adk, Aug 7, 2014.

1. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I am looking to send a fax online (i.e. I upload a PDF and it is faxed to a real live fax machine) and am having trouble choosing a provider. There seem to be many services that charge a monthly fee, but I just need to send a one-time fax. All of the one-time fax services seem a little un-secure. Does anybody have a recommendation for a service? Thanks

2. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

All of the new HP printers have a fax service bundled with their remote printing. I have no idea what the cost is but I seem to recall it was free or heavily discounted for users of a HP wiress printer.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

eFax. They've been around for ages and I would trust them. I have used them in the past for the one off personal fax I don't want going through my work.

4. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I was an eFax user for about 2 years probably, never had any issues either.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I use FaxFresh all the time, and have never experienced any problems.

It's an app on your computer. It is not a subscription...you pay (through PayPal) as you go. It's $1.99 for the first 8 pages, and $0.25 for subsequent pages.

6. adk thread starter macrumors 68000

adk

Thanks for the tips. I couldn't find one-time use pricing from efax so I wound up using Faxzero. It cost me $1.99 and I could pay through paypal.