Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
Hi There,

Does anyone know of a good online faxing service ?
that is reasonable in price.....?

BTW, i only need to send out faxes and not receive at all...

thanks!

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
I use myfax.com.

The monthly fee (I think about $12 a month or so) gives you a toll-free fax number which lets you receive faxes. To send, you simply email your scanned documents to xxxxxxxxxxx@myfax.com (where the xxxxxxxxxxxx is the phone number) from your email address.

It's nice.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Send, or receive, or both?

For receiving, I use another internet-based toll free service, Kall8. They charge $2.00/month plus $0.07/ minute. The faxes (and voice mails) are e-mailed as attachment. Cool. And cheap!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I used to use eFax. My work uses RightFax but that may be windows only...knowing them!

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Well, I only need to send faxes, and not receive...!

I see. I don't know if Kall8 does that. I looked into some of the fax-sending services, and most of them offered "fax marketing" programs, which a thin cover for (illegal) spam faxing.

You know your Mac can send faxes directly, right?

fattymatty

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
I like FaxPipe

I have been using FaxPipe now for several months. They have been very reliable for both sending and receiving faxes. I have called in a few times for support as well, and they have been great to answer the phone and help immediately. I would recommend them. The prices are reasonable.

dbursik

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Charlottesville, VA
Switched from eFax to faxpipe

I switched to faxpipe from eFax after getting lots of misdirected faxes that were intended for the company who previously had my number (that company was terrible about disseminating its new fax number).

Since I fax infrequently and was getting charged for all those misdirected faxes, I looked around for a less expensive online service and chose faxpipe on the basis of price, fax service, and customer service. The big win with faxpipe is that since it is email-based, it will work with any operating system - Mac OS, Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc. - no special fax client software needed.

The only downside to that approach is you have to compose the cover page and email message yourself, and I occasionally mistype the fax number. But at something like 1/4 the price I can live with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.