Online Game keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Kipsley, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Kipsley macrumors member

Kipsley

Hi everyone. I have asked everyone I know about this issue, even friends in-game.

Second Life (The game I play) keeps on logging me out, shuts down, and (sometimes) my Mac just shuts down as well with the complimentary note at startup about having run into a problem. This issue ONLY happens when I am using Second Life.

I have tried using Firestorm and Singularity as viewers but the issue remains. I have found out that the Second Life servers are based in Phoenix Arizona in the USA and since I am in Perth in Western Australia I Ping at around 1.87 and download at around 1mps from there (that's pinging the servers in Phoenix) even though I have broadband. Given that I followed all the online instructions from Firestorm and set my "band width" accordingly (800kbs) as recommended.

I still keep crashing.

I've read about Memory Leaks, and other issues but I am at a loss. I have researched all the threads and topics in other forums regarding this issue. Now my friends in Second Life are saying it's just because I am using a Mac and that is the root of the issue. One guy said it's because I have an AMD graphics cards and Second Life is geared more towards the use of NVidea cards on Microsoft Machines.

All I know is that when I am on a sim in SL (Second Life) that is quiet (Few avatars) I am fine. But if there is a lot of people around, or lots of activity, I will crash more often than not.

I really don't want this to end as an "Ohhh, it's because you are on a Mac" issue. I am sure there is a way to stop these annoying crashes. And so I come here to this forum where I know the advise is good and I'll get no silly remarks about being a Mac user.

My Mac stats are given as listed below.

Any help is always appreciated.

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Post crash log from Console\System Diagnostic Reports