Online home school proof?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tycoonguy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

I purchased my iMac from my local store and just showed them a pice paper with my agenda on it for the edu home school discount. I'm getting ready to buy a new MacBook Pro from the online store so that I can customize it. How do I provide proof for this discount?

2. cneo macrumors newbie

the link for their homeschooling discount / resources are here:
    http://www.apple.com/education/shop/homeschool/

You qualify as a homeschool if you:
    - Provide a complete school curriculum for the children you homeschool
    - Meet the homeschool (teaching) requirements set forth by your appropriate Department of Education

i would give apple a call to verify what you need to show as proof, 1-800-MY-APPLE

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I bought as a home school student, and my parents as home school parents, and never had to provide proof. However, in case they did provide proof, my understanding has been one of the best ways is a receipt for home school books (really just for any textbooks that you're using in your curriculum). If you register with your county, you should also have some sort of letter or certificate you can provide. Generally with the Apple Online discounts, you'll rarely have to provide any sort of proof, and they're willing to work with you if needed, but just make sure you actually are legitimately qualified.

jW

4. Tycoonguy thread starter macrumors regular

I know that I'v even set up an cart but how do I verify? Will they make me call the 800#?