Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatsmyaibo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
So I ordered an iPhone online through Apple with a July 2nd ship date in case I wouldn't be able to get one at the store tomorrow. It turns out that due to my business account with Apple, my Apple Store was allowed to hold 2 for me. The Apple online order decided to "prepare for shipment" early and now I can't cancel that order.

That being said, when I walk in tomorrow to buy my phone, I will not be getting my upgrade price while my online order is in limbo. What should I do? Can I activate the one at full price tomorrow and sell the online order on eBay? I can't return it because I would have already bought my phone without the discount.

Opinions my fellow iPhone junkies!

Sean4123

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
So I ordered an iPhone online through Apple with a July 2nd ship date in case I wouldn't be able to get one at the store tomorrow. It turns out that due to my business account with Apple, my Apple Store was allowed to hold 2 for me. The Apple online order decided to "prepare for shipment" early and now I can't cancel that order.

That being said, when I walk in tomorrow to buy my phone, I will not be getting my upgrade price while my online order is in limbo. What should I do? Can I activate the one at full price tomorrow and sell the online order on eBay? I can't return it because I would have already bought my phone without the discount.

Opinions my fellow iPhone junkies!

What does it say when you dial *639#

beamer8912

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2009
Uh....wait for the iPhone that you ordered online to come? Why did you order one online when you already had one reserved in the store?

thatsmyaibo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Uh....wait for the iPhone that you ordered online to come? Why did you order one online when you already had one reserved in the store?

I didn't have one reserved. I couldn't get online on the 15th so I ordered one online with the expected ship date of July 2nd. I talked to my Apple Business Partner today and since the store got a surplus, he put 2 on hold for me. I went to cancel my online order and 1 was able to be canceled and the other was ready to ship.

I really can't wait much longer since I have a temporary Go Phone with no features and I operate my business through my phone.

beamer8912

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2009
I didn't have one reserved. I couldn't get online on the 15th so I ordered one online with the expected ship date of July 2nd. I talked to my Apple Business Partner today and since the store got a surplus, he put 2 on hold for me. I went to cancel my online order and 1 was able to be canceled and the other was ready to ship.

I really can't wait much longer since I have a temporary Go Phone with no features and I operate my business through my phone.

Seems like your business partner should be able to take care of your situation. No?

If you knew you couldn't wait until the 2nd, why did you pre order?

thatsmyaibo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Seems like your business partner should be able to take care of your situation. No?

If you knew you couldn't wait until the 2nd, why did you pre order?

My online order was a backup in case I wasn't able to get one. The only discounts on the iPhone are through ATT with the upgrade. I thought if I could get one tomorrow, the online one would be on time and able to be canceled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.