Online order vs. Regular store checks? Need advice!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by filbertmm, Sep 16, 2016.

1. filbertmm macrumors newbie

filbertmm

Okay, here's my situation:

I was first in line at my T-Mobile store today, but they had no 7+ phones.
    He took down the phone I wanted (black, 128 GB) and said he would call me as soon as they got one in and I'd be the first to get it, since I was first in "line."

Online, that phone doesn't ship from T-Mobile until November. The 256GB ships a little earlier, but I don't want to pay the extra up front $100 + fees for space I don't need.

So here's the question, do I trust this guy to get me a phone or do I order online and wait until November? It seems impossible that he won't get a phone in store before November, right? But if I'm wrong about that and wait even longer to order online, the ship date may slip even farther.

I talked to T-Mobile, and with Jump you can only have one new phone associated with each line, so if I do the online order, I won't be able to still take the in-store phone if it comes in, because my line won't be available for Jump. So I have to pick one or the other as the best route forward.

Thoughts?

2. Stereo macrumors member

If you're looking for the plus, likely they won't have one anytime soon. It's out of stock every where.

3. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Just wait a few days or a week.
    The guy either calls you or he doesn't. In that time, see if shipping estimate times drop.

4. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

No. You should check when Apple's website opens reservations tomorrow. Keep checking everyday online if they're in stock and you should get one within a week.