Online Ordering not working with the mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by patchouli, Dec 11, 2010.

1. patchouli macrumors member

I was trying to order 2 pizzas from pizzaville.ca website..
    Normally (on my PC) I have no problem..
    Tried it tonight on my new iMac 21.5" 3.6
    It would not add the 2nd pizza to the order.. I tried several times.. finally went to my PC to try it, thinking something must be wrong with their website.. but it worked fine.
    Does this make sense?
    Any explanations?
    Anything I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

What browser are you using? (Safari, FireFox, Chrome, etc) What is the version of the browser you are using? What is the version of the iMac? (10.5.8, 10.6.5, etc)

Being a Mac user for 20 years now, I have come across some websites that just don't respond correctly on a Mac. But its quite rare.

3. MDiak47 macrumors newbie

4. patchouli thread starter macrumors member

I'm using the Safari that came with the iMac (looks like Safari 5?).
    Looks like I received this iMac (just about 2 weeks ago) with 10.6.4 (Should I update to 10.6.5?)
    No I haven't updated anything, I just got it 2 wks ago?

5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I would.

6. patchouli, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

patchouli thread starter macrumors member

Laugh at me all you like for asking what I suppose may have been viewed as a dumb question, but based on my own (PC) experience and also having read a few little blurbs from Mac users, updating to a more recent version of things isn't something I'm jumping at the bit to do. I have found that people sometimes regret getting a newer version of things, for whatever reason.

I did my updates.. thank you for advising me to do so, I would have felt uncomfortable otherwise. I will check to see if that took care of this particular issue and report back!

Ok, I checked it out after my updates, and still same thing.. the online order thing is not updating to add the 2nd pizza into the total.. weird! I did send the site a message regarding this, I'll see if they respond.