Online rebate speed with Mac+Ipod promotion??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by happylau, Jun 23, 2008.

1. happylau macrumors member

Hello,

I'm planning on buying a Macbook + ipod touch and take advantage of the Back to School promotion.
    I'll probably buy it by the end of June and I only have my apartment by the end of July, so basically I have one month for the rebate check to arrive at my home.
    Will it arrive in time? How long have you waited for your rebate?
    I plan to buy everything online, can I submit the rebate immediately after my purchase or do I have to wait until it ships/arrives home?

I've called Apple several times but each time they tell me a different thing. I just want to know the experience of people who have actually used the promotion!

Thanks!!!

2. Goldcard macrumors regular

Bought my new macbook air last tuesday and received an email today saying my rebates had been mailed out and I should expect them in 5-7 days! That's a lot quicker than I expected!! :)

3. happylau thread starter macrumors member

Did u do it all online??

4. happylau thread starter macrumors member

5. jmagdziarz macrumors newbie

I purchased my MBP and Touch on Monday, June 9th at a physical store. Filled out the web rebate form online the next morning. Monday, June 16th, I received an email that said my rebate was in the mail and should be in within 3-5 days. I checked my mail that same night and it was already in. Very quick and painless process.