Online Reservation System for Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nope7308, Oct 21, 2011.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Has anyone else been having difficulty reserving an iPhone in Canada (Ontario, specifically)?

I've tried for three days now, at various times, but the webpage never loads properly, or it simply doesn't allow me to complete the process. It's beyond frustrating!

I called the Apple store in the Eaton centre and spoke to a complete dunce. After explaining that the reservation system simply doesn't work at any time of the night - 9pm, 9:30pm, 10pm, etc. - his only advice was to "keep trying". I said that I've been trying for the past three days at various times, and he conceded that the reservation system is not functioning properly.

I then asked if I could simply reserve an iPhone over the phone, or if I could buy one in person, provided stock was available. After conceding that the reservation system doesn't work, he said they won't sell the iPhone 4S to any walk-in customers (even if stock is available), and that the only way to reserve an iPhone is through the reservation system... which doesn't work. Does anyone else see a problem with this logic?

I will not purchase anything through the Apple online store as I've had horrible experiences in the past. I need this phone for business use as well, so I'm not prepared to risk 2+ weeks without a phone should some problem arise. At this point, Samsung is looking like a very nice alternative....

2. iSari macrumors member

iSari

The same exact situation, man! but I'm not going to order it (and wait for 2 to 3 weeks) I'll "maybe" just wait for the unlocked iPhone 4S to hit the stores in US. The new Samsung ain't so bad but I ain't down with their OS!