Online Stock Trading

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imaketouchtheme, Apr 5, 2012.

1. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

What tools do MR users prefer when trading stocks online? I used to use Zecco due to the low trade prices, but I've recently realized it's not as great as some other sites out there. Also, are there any forums you all use that are dedicated more towards high risk/reward trading rather than long-term trading?

EDIT: I just found the site OptionsHouse. They're offering 100 commission free trades when you sign up. Anyone tried them before?

2. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Look good! - I'm looking in to going in to stocks and things. Seeing what I can invest etc etc...

But does anyone know anywhere in the UK that does the same thing?
    Or does OptionsHouse and Zecco work worldwide?

3. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I've been using Optionshouse for a few years. No problems with them. I like their low commissions. It was $2.95 per trade when I signed up but I believe it's $3.95 now. It's still much more attractive than competitors that charge $7-10 a trade, which is pretty ridiculous if you're not investing with a lot of money.

4. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

I was just told by a representative that you have to start your account with a minimum of $1,000. Is this true?

5. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Yes, minimum funding of $1000 is required to open the account. I don't believe you're required to keep that minimum at all times though.

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

OptionsXpress is also a really good choice, especially if you plan on trading options. Plus, no minimum deposits.

7. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm looking into that now. It seems like a decent option.

8. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

I use thinkorswim. It's not the cheapest but it's a great platform. It's mainly for options, though.