Online store help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by elektrisk564, May 8, 2011.

1. elektrisk564 macrumors newbie

Hi. I recently ordered a MacBook with 4GB of RAM online. I have some free time tomorrow and would rather cancel the online order (which has not yet shipped) and go to the Apple store 45mins from me and buy it there. I have some questions:

1. Can you buy the 4GB RAM MacBook in the store, or is it online only?

2. Can I use the financing card (Baraclay, I think?) to purchase the MacBook in person even if I do not have a physical copy? If so, how?

3. How long will it take to erase the credit charge on the financing card if I do cancel my order?

Thanks.

2. aleXXXps macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just bought mine a week ago in store. They only have the 2gb, so I got that and bought 4gb of ram from crucial and installed it myself in less than 10minutes and for only 40 bucks (newegg.com). I'm doing a hard drive swap next paycheck too as the 250 wasn't big enough.

For all the haters, I don't really like the pro as much as I do the traditional white MacBook.

But yeah I'd go to the store and just upgrade the ram yourself. Way cheaper!

I also had the barclay card and had to wait for the physical card to come in to use it in store. You can only go without it if you buy online within 30 min of getting approved. Also your financing offer is only good on the first purchase. Say you buy Starbucks on the card, then your MacBook, you only get your interest deal on the starbucks lol.