Online stores that ship MBA to Europe? Please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by IPLGR, Jul 26, 2011.

1. IPLGR macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a new MBA 13'' 256GB with the i7 1.8GHz option ($100 more) & shipping it to Europe. Do you know any online stores that ship MBAs with Apple offered upgrades to Europe? Which ones do you recommend?

Thanks everyone.

2. turbotoes macrumors regular

How about the online apple store in which ever country you live in?

3. CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

How about using one of the 30 Apple online stores in Europe - you think that would be a good idea ?

Or you could use the apple online store in Hawaii and have it shipped half around the globe - your choice :D

4. Philflow macrumors 65816

Try Ebay. Electronic King for example.

5. IPLGR, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011

IPLGR thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple Stores are not available everywhere unfortunately. There are Apple authorized resellers or distributors but they are $500 more expensive, even if they buy directly from Apple & are approved by the company

Not all countries in the world have Apple stores. Apple is not present where I live, it does business via an Apple Authorized Reseller or distributor which sells MBAs $500 more expensive than in the US. So it is cheaper to buy it & ship it across the globed than buying it locally.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you are trying save money by purchasing a MBA in $$$ rather than Euro / local currency. Be aware shipping charges are often exorbitant, and if they ship by courier you are pretty much guaranteed to be hit with import duty and vat, not only on the cost of the MBA but also the freight cost.

If you do have a apple online store in your country, it would be best o use them. At least you know the price you see is the end price, any other way and you are just gambling on hope you don't get caught by customs, or gets lost in transit....

7. Philflow macrumors 65816

True.

Electronic King on Ebay can ship from UK. No taxes in that case. Usually cheaper than buying form Apple in Europe, especially fi you negotiate the price.

8. IPLGR thread starter macrumors newbie

Electronic King looks like a good choice. I send them an email asking if they can offer me the Apple upgrade of 1.8GHz i7 instead of the 1.7 i5.