Online streaming

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Romeolo888, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Romeolo888 macrumors newbie

Hello Apple community,

This is my first post here after swapping over from windows to mac, and I have never looked backed at all。 Most importantly, is that I am enjoying the new learning experience, especially with the potential of what can be done with a mac!!

Ok, so my first post is to ask you guys which program I can use to watch Vampire diaries?

I used to have a program that worked for windows 7, but that program doesn't have the mac software.

Thanks in advance guys

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you stream via Hulu or Netflix? And isn't your browser telling you, what plug in is missing? Silverlight maybe?
    I just ask, as there is no special software for just watching TVD.

3. Romeolo888 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow that was a quick reply,

actually, being in China, I used a program called Fengxin. It works great for windows 7, but they don't have a mac version, which my wife is not to happy about.

so is this Hulu or Netflix downloadable?

4. simsaladimbamba

Hulu and Netflix are online services, not applications, to stream series and movies online to your computer, but they are only available from within the US.
    I don't know Fengxin, thus I can't help you with that. Maybe have a look at HotSpotShield for Mac or 85.9.47.34.

5. Romeolo888 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh, i see, watch it through vpn. hehe. thanks for the info buddy.

6. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

they work through VPN, but some services require US street address and/or US credit card