Online V Instore

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WelshBluebird, Nov 12, 2010.

1. WelshBluebird macrumors regular

Hey all,
    Just a quick question.

I am going to buy a 13" Macbook Pro soon (I'm not going to bother waiting for a possible update), but am wondering if theres any difference between buying online or buying from a store? I'm currently at university so will be using the educational discount, just incase that makes any difference.

Cheers.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Instant gratification when buying in-store for non-CTO models is the only difference. Just make sure that your university doesn't have any special offers of their own.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

+ you can gloat as you walk out the store with your $1200 aluminum brick :D

4. RickM21 macrumors newbie

Hey bud,

I much like you was in a similar position, I would recommend looking into Micro Center if there is one near you. They had a $999 special (100 less than educational discount) and on top of that, if you barter with them a little (specially if you ask about the warranty, dont purchase just ask about it and see if he'll give an incentive and then say you'll come back for it) or show up on a slow day they'll take another 50 off. I ended up purchasing for $949 before tax. Hope this helps

5. noshooz macrumors member

noshooz

I have an Apple Store in the mall about ten minutes from the house. It's become a sort of Mecca. Whenever we go to the mall I have to wander down to that end and browse. I picked up my new MacBook Pro there last night! The purchase process was quick and sweet. I was in and out in less than ten minutes with my $1800 "slab of aluminum." This thing is a precision work of art.