Online video issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dorph31, Jun 11, 2012.

1. dorph31 macrumors newbie

Anytime I stream a video within Safari about every 5 seconds the video pauses and then continues. It's not like a choppy start/stop like the video is buffering or anything, but just a smooth pause. It's really quite annoying and I'm out of ideas what to do. I've used CClean and stuff but nothing seems to work. I'm pulling down 12mps on the net so it's not a slow connection issue.

Thanks!

I'm running an iMac, 3.06 core 2 duo, 4 gb ram, 10.7.4

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try a different browser. If the behavior goes away, you have a Safari problem.

3. ohsoez macrumors newbie

Choppy Video on Mac

I'm adding this because I keep forgetting. The basic problem is your wireless router. I had the same problem and no matter what browser I used or what kind of video I was watching like youtube or news or whatever. I had a linksys router (black with the blue bar) and there is some issue with the apple computers and the newness of new routers. Once I bought a new wireless router everything is just fine. (This is thanks to the Apple guy at Best Buy). It has something to do with the speed or compression or mhz or something and it's the router's fault not the computer. If your router is more than a year old, get a new one. Don't download anything and dont sign up for any of the apple cleaning things.