Online Video (YouTube) Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GeekOFComedy, Feb 26, 2011.

1. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

Sep 29, 2008
    Hi, I'm currently writing a pilot of a web series production. No hints of it but I wanted to ask you fellow users about online video productions:

1) What's the maximum length of a video would you watch if it was a Web-Series?

2) What would make you share the video with others? ( Comedy, Computer techno, Action, Video Game cameos (Tomb Raider of course ;) ) Special effects, Mystery etc)

3) What annoys you currently about most web-series? (E.G The Guild, Harpers Globe)

4) Would you like to take part of the story, Help the "Characters" out in solving cases etc?

5) IF a sponsor was to be made, when would you like the annoying ad to take place: The beginning? Or in the middle? and what's the maximum length could you handle of the advert? (Min 5 secs, Max 15 secs)

6) IF it was a a good series, would you Donate to keep it going?

Thanks everyone!

Ok.... A small hint: Mystery solving
  2. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

May 12, 2008
    I'll bite... nothing else going on right now. I'm being completely honest with my answers, but wish you the best in your endeavors.

1) 6 minutes - assuming you are talking about digital shorts. If it is a legitimate production, a 20 minute show would be my max

2) I don't get into posting on social networks. It would take something so revolutionary, so incredible, that my outlook on life was completely changed, for me to post on facebook/twitter/etc.

3) Poor production and sub-par acting

4) No - i prefer to sit back and be entertained - i don't have the time to contribute to writing a character arc.

5) Beginning - no longer than 1 minute.

6) No, I would hope advertising and venture capital kept the series going.
  3. GeekOFComedy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 29, 2008
    Got it thanks! :)