Only a few contacts have synced across

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Simonrb, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Simonrb macrumors member

Only a handful of contacts have synced across to the watch. I have reset and repaired it with the same contacts syncing across. None of my favourites synced over.

Anyone else having this problem?

2. mdburch macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Noticed that I can't reset the calendar and contacts so I assume it's still syncing (I can do the other two resets). How long does it take to sync - understanding that it depends on the # of contacts you have in your list - hours, days?

3. whatos macrumors 6502a

All 435 of mine (work/personal) came across much faster than I expected. A nice surprise.

4. Simonrb thread starter macrumors member

I have done 3 resets, none of my favourites have synced across. I left it for 6 hours and I still had the same 20 contacts synced across, I have 400 on my phone.

Must say I am disappointed so far with the watch, I think it'll be going back to Apple... Can't even digital touch my wife as we share same iCloud ID for photo/storage sharing. That's more important. Was really looking forward to this.. Oh well.

5. Simonrb, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

Simonrb thread starter macrumors member

Anyone else have issues with this? Left it all night and still only 20 contacts on my watch.

Edit:-
    Just swapped our watches over, my watch paired with wife's phone has all her contacts and my phone paired with her watch synced the same 20 contacts! Sounds like it's my phone rather than my watch... Hmmm

Maybe a phone restore required.

��

6. Simonrb thread starter macrumors member

After restoring my phone I can confirm it wasn't my phone. I have Apple calling me tomorrow. Very very strange