Resolved Only given partial refund on MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Thatquadguy, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Thatquadguy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Recently I request a refund on a MacBook Air I purchased for just over £1000. Due to apple sending out 3 faulty units to me, they offered me a £80 credit back to my original payment method after the second laptop was received and turned out to be faulty.

After the third unit I requested a refund and today I've seen my bank statement and they have given me the amount I paid minus the £80 gesture they gave me.

I understand that some people will argue that I technically received all my money back. But I was not made aware that taking this gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience the faulty units had caused me would affect a refund if I requested one.

I was also still within the 14 day return period and in my opinion a gesture of goodwill is not the same as a refund so I do not believe I should have the £80 deducted from my refund.

I had spent the £80 before the refund and I now have £950 instead of the original amount I paid which was just over £1000.

What are my rights here, am I entitled to the full amount? I am also living in the UK if that's any help.

2. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

You got the full amount. They owe you nothing.

3. DancyMunchkin macrumors member

Hopefully, your explanation to Apple was less convoluted and rambling.

950 + 80 = 1,030

Are you trying to make a profit?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

This is the answer to your question, you got your refund, just in 2 payments. Sorry you got 3 bad units.

6. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened here faulty second iPad Air 2 they offered me £50 gesture.
    What worst was my third iPad Air 2 unit came with more faults so I phoned up Apple to request a refund.
    Took me 17 Phone calls to Apple due to UPS messed up collection.(APPLE BLAMED IT ON HUMAN ERROR WITH UPS BOOKING SYSTEMS)
    Now 4 days since UPS collected my third iPad Air 2 still no refund customer service is very bad here in the UK.

7. SestoElemento macrumors newbie

IMO they gave you £80 for all the inconvenience you went through AND for sticking with the product.

8. motrek macrumors 68020

How were the units faulty?

----------

If UPS messed up the collection why are you calling and blaming Apple?

9. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Yes, he is trying to profit for his inconvenience. I'm actually relieved this sense of entitlement isn't just limited to North American shores.