Only imports Camera roll, not photo library...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by orfeas0, Feb 17, 2012.

1. orfeas0, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

I am so pissed at my iPhone right now...
    I'm using a macbook air and want to transfer my photos from my iPhone to my mac and it only imports the Camera roll photos, not the Photo library ones.
    Camera roll has 334 pics in it, Photo library has 388 (so I basically cannot import 54 photos).
    I tried with iPhoto , preview, image capture. They all only show the camera roll pictures.

I also installed iExplorer (on my mac) and browsed to private/var/root/media and the media folder is empty (the pics are supposed to be there).
    Any help is appreciated.
    Why couldn't apple just make it easy with drag&drop...

edit: Using iPhone 3gs (jailbroken) on 4.3.3 and mac OSX Lion.

edit2: Jesus christ i just read here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3708783?start=0&tstart=0 that the iPhone photo library only stores thumbnails of the photos and not the actual photos. What kinda of stupidity is that??

So anyone can help me with that? I want the thumbnails if not the photos, np...

2. orfeas0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

To other people with this problem: USE PHONEVIEW.
    I downloaded it from pirate bay but i think I'm gonna buy it because it's the only app that could fix my problem. It copies all your photos ;)