iPad Only issue with my air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iapplelove, Nov 3, 2013.

1. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

The battery jumps around. Just got home from work and was at 93%. Did a reboot for another reason and battery jumped to 97%. I noticed this the other day on a lower percentage but thought I was seeing things.

Probably going to let the battery bleed dry then give it one full charge cycle see if it corrects the issue.

2. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

I've had iPhones and iPads do this since day 1

3. FAsnakes macrumors regular

Can't say that I've experienced that.. I'll keep an eye out though and report back - if I notice any weirdness. .

4. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 601

iapplelove

Had iPhones do this,never iPads. Probably the same concept but first for me on iPads. My mbp does it from time to time but has stopped

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

For me its the other way around. I've never had it happen with iPhones or previous iPads but it happens regularly with my iPad 3.

6. bobright macrumors 601

Odd always see this mentioned but its never happened to me on any of my devices. Ill keep an eye on it.

7. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

That happened to me this morning. The battery percentage was at 97, and after I restarted it, it jumped up to 100% again. It happened yesterday too. I think it only happens after I restart or turn off my iPad Air. I've never seen it on any if my iPhones though.

8. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I've had this happen on my iPad 3, iPhones and even my trusty old iPod Nano 4G. It's almost like a restart causes the battery meter to skip onto a new iso in the calibration curves map.

9. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

I haven't noticed anything like this yet but now that you've mentioned it, will keep an eye on it. All I've noticed so far is how long the battery lasts which amazes me.

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

A full discharge (run it down to 0% so it shuts itself down), then charge to full, should help calibrate the system used to determine battery level %.

11. JustCrusin macrumors member

I always turn off the battery percentage because my I obsess over it.