only locals can buy iphone4 in uk apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrjie03, Sep 19, 2010.

1. jrjie03 macrumors newbie

only locals can buy iphone4 in uk apple store???? i walked in an apple store for an iphone4 and they told me they just sell to locals??? i m currently a student studying in newcastle and all they told me is go and buy from online store!!!:mad:

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

"locals" ???

Do you mean you are studying in newcastle and are from another country, or are you from England?

3. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

Anyone can buy it. I bought two . I had another friend who also bought 2 and 2 other friends who bought 1 iphone each. Non of us were UK citizens or locals

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Locals?:confused:

WTFudge?

I travelled to the UK from Ireland had no trouble buying an iPhone 4.

5. jrjie03 thread starter macrumors newbie

i m from asia and the staffs there told me they just sold them to the uk locals citizen currently :confused:

6. nednarm macrumors 6502

That's not right, I'm pretty sure the rep could get in trouble for saying thatu. Anyone can walk in and buy an payg ip4.

7. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

Citizen? Either he is nuts or you misunderstood him. I can not imagine someone saying that UK residents wouldn't be able to buy iPhone 4.

8. jrjie03 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i will go apple store and try again!!!

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

10. jrjie03 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, the story goes like this, i went there and i told to a guy which i wanted a 16gb black iphone 4, and he told me that NOPE!! then i asked is it out of stock? He answered back, YES!! while trying to walk away. Then i get him back and asked, when will the stocks arrived again? He answered "No idea, and called me to get it online".. Okay, then i walked away to look at ipad. After these, a local lady came and asked for iphone 4, and he called her to wait for a moment and his hand was holding an iphone4 when he get back to that lady.. so now, WTH is going on? okay fine, so i get another lady to approach me, and i told her that i needed an iphone 4 black 16gb, this lady told me that it is out of stock, MAYBE i can get it tomorrow!! "MAYBE""... huh?!! is it an excuse? I got back the next day, still out of stock. __The End__
    so, interesting??

11. Scuby macrumors regular

Good conspiracy theory. Or maybe the other lady had just reserved one to collect, or what you thought was the same phone was actually a 32GB version. Or they just misunderstood what you were asking for, and thought you had said something else.