Only mono comming out of headphones

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by drew32, Nov 1, 2008.

1. drew32 macrumors newbie

So I dropped my touch... :(

Well ever since then I only get the music and not the voices from songs, kinda of like its in mono.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I saw that the headphone jack is soldered into a board and I prolly cant just buy the headphone jack itself.

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

You don't get voices? That's odd. Maybe you should check the equalizer on your ipod.

3. jake921660 macrumors regular

I don't really know how to fix it, but this would happen to me if the headphones came halfway out of the jack. I could just push them back in but it looks like your problem is worse than that.

4. M. Poirot macrumors member

Unless your songs were encoded (somehow) in a format where instruments came from one side and voices were seperated to the other....I don't know what's going on here?

You won't be able to buy the headphone jack on it's own becasue you rightly point out that it's soldered to a board. You might have done something more serious when you dropped you touch. have you spoken to an Apple genius?

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

No wait, I know what it is. You don't have your headphones in all the way, so your only getting half the track. Because of the placement of mics when recording, the vocals for the track you're listening to are shifted off center. So, if you're not getting the side with vocals, you won't hear any singing.