Only need it for one thing...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kibanez, Apr 15, 2008.

1. kibanez macrumors newbie

I had an older iMac G5 (no intel) and it ran fine until I picked up a nasty WoW habit. I couldn't get the machine to perform well so I had a PC built for me. Last night my PC crashes for no apparent reason and now won't do anything.

Bottom line is this. I would like to get another Mac because they work and I never had a problem with my G5. In fact it is getting me through while I figure out my PC issue. I only need the Mac to do two things: Run my game at top notch performance and surf the net. Is there any Mac than can do this or are we still at the sub-par game play level.:(

K.

2. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

sounds like a new iMac would do just fine. I don't play wow, but I see no reason why it would run well on an iMac. And it can definitely surf the web.

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I concur that the iMac will do what you need. The iMac should be getting a refresh soon, so if I were you, I'd wait on purchasing until that happens, so you get the most powerful/current options, but if you can't wait, the current model will work fine. Good luck to you. :)