Only ONE app (DocsToGo) can edit Office files via Dropbox??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RedTomato, May 9, 2013.

1. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Is there only a single app in the world that can edit Office docs via Dropbox?

I brought QuickOffice Pro recently, and was quite happy with it only to find several weeks later that Google had purchased it, and removed Dropbox support. :( The QuickOffice app description, website, promotion etc, all say 'Dropbox support!' but it's not there!

I tried CloudOn. It's horrible. And it falls over whenever connection is lost. This isn't a proper app for anyone who wants to read or edit in a car, on the bus, on a train or on the underground. Which is the majority of places where you'd be sitting down with time to kill when not at home or the office.

Last one standing seems to be DocsToGo. The £6 'Standard' version won't do Dropbox. Only the £12 ($19) 'Pro' version links to Dropbox.

I don't mind paying £12 for a decent Office app with proper Dropbox support & offline functionality. But, seriously, is this the ONLY APP IN THE WORLD that can reliably edit files from the world's standard office app, on the world's most popular smartphone, using the world's most popular online file-hosting service?

Are there no others?

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I just saw that they removed Dropbox support. What the hell are they thinking?

I am also now looking for an alternative. Really ticks me off, cause I didn't want to spend the money on multiple office suites, so I bought the one that fit all my needs.

Why on earth would they REMOVE useful and popular functions from their apps??