Only PC users in the library bring their charger.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boesky, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Boesky macrumors 6502

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's funny because like my iPhone I need to be friendly with the plugs. Then again I have a MB Air.

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

4. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

So far this is what I've noticed in my classes. There's this woman that brings her big ass laptop to class every time and ends up plugging it in 1/2 way through.

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Haha, I've noticed this ALL the time! I find it hilarious!

6. macgirl89 macrumors member

Before I made the switch, I always noticed that all the people who had MacBooks never used their chargers at school. I found this strange at the time, because I was getting like 30 minutes to an hour off of my HP laptop. I was like, "WTF? How does their laptop last?!" Well, now I know!

7 hours.
    :apple:

7. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

I can't help it...

it's cause PC users are the only ones doing real work in the library (buuuurn!) :D

Or...

It's because mac users just stare at their computers' external casing while PC users are busy using it to get stuff done (buuuurn!) :)

hehe

PS I'm a Mac user just some good fun.

8. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Hey, that hurt. Some of us have Rev A Unibodies that only get 3-3.5 hours unless you shut off the dedicated GPU. :mad:

9. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I "maybe" get 3.5 if I have almost everything off and the screen dimmed, but I carry my charger with me if I'm doing anything important.

One guy in a class a year ago had a HUGE Alienware 17", and he always had it plugged in. I doubt it would go 20 mins w/ just battery power.

10. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I always have my charger, I like to keep it plugged in whenever I can, better for the battery that way the less cycles the better, although I really do enjoy when I am on battery being able to go for almost an entire day of word processing, email, and internet browsing, on a single charge, it really is great.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I get 10 hours with my 2nd-gen MBP. Five at first, then I swap the battery and get another 5 :cool: :p

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

13. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

I used to get 4-6 hours with my Dell, and could get almost 10 if I used 3 batteries between 2 battery bays. I can only get 3 hours with my 17 MBP. Maybe 4 hours if I let the display go to sleep and do nothing else.

-jt2

14. kr26633z macrumors newbie

i do feel i got my moneys worth when you see people digging through their bags praying they brought their charger with them. if turn airport off and dim the screen to 1 or 2 it tells me i can get 8-9 hours and seems to count down consistantly (MBP 13' summer)