Only Settings for 6 Default Messages Responses but Watch has 14?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by juwttt, May 14, 2015.

1. juwttt macrumors member

juwttt

Any one know how to modify all 14 default messages on the apple watch? In the settings you can only change 6.

Thanks!

2. Joe1602 macrumors regular

When you change the default ones, it adds a new one and still keeps the default one. hth

3. juwttt thread starter macrumors member

juwttt

What do you mean? For example, a default response that came with the watch is "BRB" but I don't see it in the settings app to change that response.

4. Joe1602 macrumors regular

Well I changed all the default ones, and then when I go to reply to message, the default ones still appear with my new ones underneath. Now when I go to the apple watch app - messages, all I see are my new ones and not the default ones. So it didn't seem to change the default ones, just add new ones.

5. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

I think the other preset texts are contextual based, so if the message you're replying too says for example "let me know if you can make it" the preset responses say "yes, no, maybe" etc...
    Or they may say "Thank you, no thanks, ok" etc depending on what the senders text says.
    Pretty cool!

Your custom preset texts are at the bottom usually.

6. juwttt thread starter macrumors member

juwttt

Oh okay. Just curious but do you have 14 options when you reply to a message on your apple watch? I am wondering if there are a certain number of slots

Thanks again

7. Joe1602 macrumors regular

On my most recent text message I have 10 default replies and 6 that I created. 16 total options.

----------

Just got another text - 14 possible built-in replies, along with 6 personalized ones for a total of 20.

8. juwttt thread starter macrumors member

juwttt

Thanks so much for the reply. That makes more sense now! :)

9. webworks415 macrumors 6502

I sometimes only see my own custom replies, and other times I see all of them. Is there a pattern I'm not paying attention to, or is this a glitch?

I also wish I could rearrange the order of all replies.

10. juwttt thread starter macrumors member

juwttt

Yes, I also wish we could rearrange the order. Sometimes I don't see all my custom replies when the person asks "this or that" and then the watch recognizes that type of question and gives us answers pertaining to that question. Other than that, it seems to be working okay

11. juwttt thread starter macrumors member

juwttt

I actually just received a group message and didn't have 14 choices, maybe about five. Maybe it is a glitch, I am not sure, hopefully someone else can chime in :)