Only Steve Knows.... but we can guess

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Holmes89, Jul 9, 2008.

?

When do you think the new Macbooks will be out?

1. July 15

2.7%
  2. July 22

1.8%
  3. July 29

4.5%
  4. August 5

3.6%
  5. August 12

4.5%
  6. August 19

8.0%
  7. August 26

3.6%
  8. September Before Back to School is Over

19.6%
  9. After Back to School is over

51.8%
  1. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

When do you think the new Macbooks will be released? I know there are a billion of these but I thought it would be cool to make a poll to see.:p

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Okay since you know there is a billion of these, then why did you make a new thread? Also you didn't post a poll.

3. Holmes89 thread starter macrumors regular

Holmes89

I'm sorry I had to make the poll, and this is to see when people will think it will come out. There aren't very many comprehensive ones so I thought this would be a nice way to show people when they think it will come out.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It takes a while for a poll to appear after the thread has been created.

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You forgot an option that says "Oh God, please not another 'when the hell is that thing going to get released' thread." :rolleyes:

6. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

i would have voted for that one.;)

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

After back to school of course, they like to use back to school deal + shopping season to clean the channel of old stock (for ipods too)

8. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

all you after back to school voters are making me regret waiting

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I doubt it. It's one thing when they use the back-to-school promo to clear out their iPod stock (after all, who cares, it's a fee iPod), but it's another thing entirely when they update their MacBook line after thousands of students just purchased one.

10. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Never. There will never be any hardware updates from Apple. I've heard this from very reliable sources. Never again.

11. David G. macrumors 65816

PowerBook G5. Next Tuesday. For realz.

And for the record, I voted for after the Back To School Special.

12. ihabime macrumors 6502

Gee, I wish someone would put up a website that tracks the past updates so we could see if there's a pattern to the release schedule, that would be sooooo cool...

13. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

since they use the back to school promotion to clear out stock and there giving free iPod Touches does that mean there will be a new iPod Touch in september?????:confused::eek:

EDIT: I also chose after the back to school promo is over

14. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Try Wikipedia, it was very handy when I did a small presentation on Apple's Product Mix for school

15. David G. macrumors 65816

Or... he could use the MacRumors Buyer's Guide, which he linked to.:rolleyes:

16. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

17. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

or why not use both, now there are 2 sources

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It'll be after the new chips are out from Intel, which is the middle of the month, so probably mid-late August, but before the new iPod's.

19. davidson1153 macrumors newbie

why would apple want to wait. most of the pc companies are ready on july 14th for the new chip. they will be releasing those computers july 15th just in time for back too school. pcs will be advertising the hell out of the new chip if apple waits for after school. i can see it now a pc vs mac commercial. "what do the new pcs have that apple doesnt have for back to school?" a new faster better chip. apple will use the back to school time to make tons of sales for the new macbook. and look not everyone is willing to shell out $1300+ for a laptop so the old macbooks will sell because some people dont care about the redesign and they are getting a good deal because they are buying a old laptop. perhaps they could be getting a decent macbook for under $1000 thats a good deal. so i think they will be release before back to school. and if apple doesnt they are retarded

20. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I think they'll be released before the back to school promo is over (too? not sure if that's what you said or not..). A slogan like "Hey, look, free iPod, plus new redesign!" will get a ton of people to buy. Especially all those people who are already waiting. A lot of people who already bought MacBooks will complain, but a lot of people complain anyways.

Besides, iMac was released during the promo last year.

I really think they'll release them when they're done and not sweat over it too much, because the timing would be perfect anyways.

21. davidson1153 macrumors newbie

this would be amazing and i just realized this. apple loves to have new upgrades released on tuesdays and guess what july 14th when montevina comes out is on a monday and that mean the 15th when the computer companies are allowed to sell it is a TUESDAY. wouldnt that be great. i know this is very unlikely to happen though.

22. icecap macrumors newbie

I wouldn't say unlikely though if other brands of laptops are seeing the light immediately after Intel launches their chips... that can only mean chips are already on shipment and 14th July is just an auspicious day for Intel to tell the whole world Montevina is officially out on laptops for sale?? I might be wrong, but hope I am right.. :(

Considering the substantial, or rather sheer, number of people are still Windows based, Apple will really amaze me if they can sit back and see Windows-platform-laptop-manufacturing companies grabbing back percentage of consumers from this launch, while instead they can recoup a greater margin by introducing it early and together with the school promotion...

All the better iPhone 3G is launching now.. Despite I see the sense of not taking limelight away, I see it as a double winning formula for Apple... For some of an average spender after buying an iPhone, I would suppose he/she will be considering a Mac soon in sometime near future to fully utilise the gadgets or after falling in love with the Apple style... For some of a power spender, I would see him/her buying a MB (casual user) or MBP (power user) soon/immediately after getting the hands on iPhone... that sub 1-2k are not pinching them as much.. a strike-while-the-iron-is-hot release of the newly design MBs and MBPs within the next 2 weeks could generate sales in folds..

For situations above not making sense, even just iPhone lovers not keen on getting any Macs will not care what new Macs are coming up and continue the craze... is Apple losing anything from iPhone sales?

23. illidian macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I think that Apple is focusing on the iPhone so much now that there isn't any "room" for a new MacBook (Pro) release.

July just seems to be too hectic for them as it is.

24. laxlaxlax macrumors newbie

steve jobs said yeterday that the iphone was the biggest launch that he's been involved in so yeah... unlikely to be in the next month or 2.

i think they'll save macbooks and ipods for macworld.