Only using iPhone 5 with back and front shield?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xRaZor912, Oct 24, 2012.

1. xRaZor912 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have ordered some front and back shields for my iPhone 5 since I don't want to use a case and still keep the nice design of the iPhone 5. I am just wondering that since the vac and front are protected, can the sides get scratched? It is a white iPhone. I would like to use it without a case and with the front and back shields. Anyone else running this setup? If so, how is it holding up?

2. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have Zagg bodyguards on the back and sides and I have been ok. I put my phone in my front pocket and make sure that I don't put it in with any keys or other items made of metal. I have even put the phone in my rear jeans pocket (on the weekends) without issue. I guess YMMV.

As a side note, I just ordered the Ghost Armor matte back and sides and I am going to a local GA booth to have them put it on (since I suck at installations).

4. jcliden macrumors member

Sides are susceptible to scratching as well. If you wanna go case less but want to protect your phone from all sides, try Spigen's Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal Mix Comes with front, side, and 3-piece back protector.

[​IMG]

If you prefer 1 piece back piece, Spigen Incredible Shield but the back is wet install.

[​IMG]

5. joekim1026 macrumors regular

are all three of the backs the same for the incredible shield?

6. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Has anyone removed their back protector or skin and caused damage to the
    Apple logo and text that's only painted on aluminium?

7. xRaZor912 thread starter macrumors newbie

Using iPhone 5 naked with only front and back protectors!

Hey Guys!

I recently got the iPhone 5 White 32GB, and I must say its one of the best phones! I was wondering if I would be good to go if I only use a front and back shield on it? I currently am using it in a SwitchEasy Tones case! I really want to use this phone naked with the front and back protector which is installed! Will my phone get scratched? Or should I continue using it in the case?

8. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

There more risk of getting it scratch with just screen protectors use the case!

At the end of the day its up to you.

9. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

scratches on the white is less visible so you might get a way with it.

I have the black with only front and back protector, and the side edges are already quite scratched up...

one of the main culprit is putting phone into the cup holder in your car!

if you want, buy the set that has side protector as well and it should mitigate scratches on the sides.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

places like ghost armor actually put the shields on the front, back, and sides. If you are worried about scratching the sides, I would check them out. They are in almost every mall.

11. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

yeah but it looks terrible lol

12. jcliden macrumors member

no.. they have a matte, glossy, and transparent versions for incredble shield