Only way to get iPhone 4 from apple retail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hing, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Hing macrumors regular

Is by getting in their reserve list and they say no walk in. Can anymore confirm this cuz the guy said the wait time is 2-3 weeks.

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

That is true. Go reserve now.

3. calb macrumors 6502

I can confirm that the Newcastle store (UK) do not sell walk-ins and use the priority list only. I was in today to put my name down, though the guy would not tell me an approximate waiting time or the length of the list (which I fully understand).

I figure I'll be waiting around three weeks unless things change substantially for other users here who put their name down well before I did.

4. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Not for me. I tried.

They told me the list was full, and they couldn't sell me one. Best Buy, AT&T, same thing.

Online it is.

5. calb macrumors 6502

Wait, they can actually fill these waiting lists?

The issue is slightly different in the UK: Apple is the only provider of SIM-free iPhones. There are many mobile network shops with iPhones in stock, but I have no intention of taking out a new contract. So waiting for Apple it is.

6. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

I did....should of resevred it earlier. The wait is killing me and AT&T said 7-10 days.

7. calb macrumors 6502

7-10 days? I might be an idiot, but isn't that good?

8. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Wait you can't go into an At&t store and pre-order an iphone 4???? My gf is with Sprint and she was going to go to the mall this weekend and try and switch to At&t and pre-order an iphone 4.

The phone has been out a MONTH....what's the hold up

9. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

Got screw by apple, was wanting a white iPhone 4 but have to go with the iPhone black now.

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Wow I must just be lucky. When I found out about the white delay this morning I checked a few best buys local to me, drove about 40 minutes to one and walked out with a 32Gig.

I would call around if I were you, you may just get lucky.

11. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Near San Francisco I tried an Apple store and ATT store and heard the same thing, 10 to 14 days.

BGR had a rumor the other day that Apple will make a big push to clear these backlogs in the next several days. The feeling is they don't like to have to make people wait. They are missing the business from the walk-in impulse shoppers.

That would be cool, but I wonder where they would get the stock from?

12. direwolf5 macrumors newbie

Depends on the store and the number on the list.

On Monday my local apple store had some for walk-ins when I called soon after opening. I couldn't get there that morning, and put my name on the wait list around 3:00 that afternoon.

Got an email the next morning saying my 32 gig was ready for pickup.

This is in Portland, OR btw.

13. SCOfoshO macrumors member

did you get two emails? one saying you were on the list and one saying it was ready for pick-up? Because I reserved today (32GB), and still haven't received an email confirming my reservation. Hopefully, I am as lucky as you. But probably not since I am here in San Diego

14. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

They sent me a email stating I'm on the list right away. But the guy I talk to is telling me 3 weeks....damn

15. illutionz macrumors 65816

Just an FYI, might wanna give the store another ring to confirm that you're in the list.

I had to call mine twice and on the 2nd time calling, the guy said that he couldn't find my name in there and he had to put it in again. The 2nd guy stayed on the phone longer to make sure my name is inside their system before hanging up... and I got my initial email around 20 minutes after that.

16. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

17. illutionz macrumors 65816

If your store is open it should be heh...

18. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Yeah, apparently the lists can fill up. Don't know how, but I can't buy one. Have to order online or drive to another store, no thanks.