Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

packgrad2000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
This is frustrating: Neither Safari (v4) nor Firefox can connect to the internet. However, my internet connection is fine, and iTunes is currently downloading a video podcast no problem, in fact I can see under Activity Monitor that it's downloading at 110KB/sec, which is blazing fast for where I live (Indonesia). I can also get email no problem. And the other weird thing, is that I can use Safari for Windows no problem on my Windows side (through Parallels), which I'm using right now.

I did recently update to Safari 4, but up to now I've had no problems. And the fact that I can't use Firefox either leads me to believe it's not just a Safari problem. Any ideas? The only thing I can think is my ISP has recently been updating their system, and I have had some issues recently connecting, but right now my internet connection is otherwise great. Does this have something to do with DNS servers or something? Why can I use Windows browsers on my Mac no problem (through Parallels on Windows XP) but not Apple browsers? I'm on OS 10.5.7 FYI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.