Only wifi connection when i stand next to the router.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kaisoj, Sep 23, 2016.

1. kaisoj, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016

kaisoj macrumors newbie

kaisoj

I've got a AW S1 and every time my AW loses connection with my iPhone it wouldn't connect to wifi. It only works when my iPhone is upstairs and i'm downstairs standing next to the router.. I've tried to turn off the 5GHz band, re-paired the watch & gave my iPhone a fresh restore, but still it wouldn't connect to my wifi. Somebody got some tips to make it work again?

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

It's possible that you received a defective watch. I had an iPhone once with the same problem out of the box (I think it was my old iPhone 5). If I was in the same room with the router it would work but that was it. I was trying to determine if it was something with my router when I pulled up my iPad, my Mac, and this iPhone and scanned for wifi networks: both the iPad and Mac showed my neighbors networks but the iPhone only showed mine. I took it to the Apple Store and they said it tested fine but offered to exchange it on the spot and the replacement was fine.

Unfortunately you can't scan for wifi networks on your Apple Watch so it's harder to test this out. The wifi is super strong at the Apple stores so they may say it's fine like they did for me too. Since you just got this watch you should be able to return or exchange it anyways. Good luck.

3. kaisoj thread starter macrumors newbie

kaisoj

Thanks for your answer.

Sometimes when my AW says it has bluetooth connection but when i try to ask siri something it says that i don't have connection. Same thing on my iPhone when i'm looking in the AW app.
    But what really weird is that i tried it at work and it worked 2 times with wifi. So i'm not 100% sure that it is a AW problem..