Only Windows is starting in dual boot!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by philokezzar, Jun 18, 2010.

1. philokezzar macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have bootcamp with Snow Leopard and Windows 7 in my macbook (latest white one).
    I mainly use Snow Leopard.
    Both OS are working fine until I restart my mac in Snow Leopard yesterday.
    After starting song appeared and it directly go to Windows 7.
    I pressed Option (Alt) key and chose Snow Leopard but it still go into Windows.
    I even changed boot option in Windows > Control Panel > Boot Camp Option to OSX but it doesn't work.
    I've never seen such problem.
    Hope anyone can give me how to recover to get back Snow leopard without re-formatting my mac.

Thanks in advance!

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....try zapping the p-ram (hold command+option+p+r at startup until you hear the startup "bong" a couple times) and see if that resolves the 8issue (often does) and if not I'd try booting from the 10.6 disc and running disk utility (both disk repair and permissions repair) on your 10.6 partition.....oh yeah!

3. philokezzar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Duff-Man. I'll try and let you know later :)

4. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

what if you can't get it to boot into any external drive, i need to repair disk but cant boot into install disk or external backup??

5. larkost macrumors 6502a

Then your EFI layer is probably very confused. Zapping "pram" as duffman suggested will most likely fix this.

6. philokezzar thread starter macrumors newbie

It works like charm. Thank you so much Duff-Man.
    First I tried zapping the p-ram but no luck then I inserted OSX DVD and clicked repair the Mac Drive in Disk Utility. Finally it goes back to normal.