Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
iCe Cube said:
Which one do you like more?
They are both GUI front ends to Unix utilities. For nearly two years, I have been an OnyX user. However, I have no concerns about Yasu. I like the fact that it allows the user to select every task from a single dialog box. OnyX unnecessarily compartmentalizes your selections. Also OnyX 1.6 is still in beta. OnyX is prettier. When OnyX 1.6 is out of beta, the two will be equally functional. Your choice will be based on personal taste. Nobody can tell you what you like except you. Tryout both, then choose.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I've never used OnyX, only Yasu, so I can't really answer fairly. If you're trying to decide which one you want to use, I don't think we can really recommend one over the other (like MisterMe said).

iCe Cube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Near Glasgow, Scotland
yellow said:
I don't use either since I am able to use the Terminal to accompish the same.

Oooooh, the Terminal. I will probably never be able to use that properly!

I actually use Onyx at the moment and I have heard of Yasu as well. I might give it a shot to see what it is like

iCe Cube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Near Glasgow, Scotland
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says....I personally prefer TinkerTool System over the other two....oh yeah!

I have just Tinkertool which gives me some hidden options (it has 'enable dock shadow' but that doesn't do anything for me) which are interesting. However, I can't repair permissions or cron myself with it though :rolleyes:

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
iCe Cube said:
I have just Tinkertool which gives me some hidden options (it has 'enable dock shadow' but that doesn't do anything for me) which are interesting. However, I can't repair permissions or cron myself with it though :rolleyes:
Duff-Man says...TinkerTool and TinkerTool System are two different programs....TinkerTool System does all the cron job stuff and lots more - just click on the link in my first post and read all the features. No, it ain't free but it works very well and the developer is very responsive to questions.....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.