OnyX caused my mac to be haywired.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Annngel, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Annngel macrumors regular

I don't know what happened but i'm suspecting that it has something to do with onyx.
    Recently, i run onyx and it suddenly hang while it was cleaning up so i decided to force quit it.

After that, i had problems connecting to the internet, it keeps showing me the KCF error 302 or something like that on safari. While on firefox, it keeps saying invalid url or something.

I decided to reboot my time capsule and my modem. Now, it's work properly and i can connect to the internet.

However, my time machine isn't working. It stuck at 'Preparing for Back up' for quite some time now.

I googled earlier on about the KCF Error 302 and i read someone that the core unix system block the port 80 or something similarly to that.

So i'm pretty like "OMG". Is there anything that i can do to undone this?

I'm guessing that the when the OnyX was running and cleaning up some things and got hanged it kinda crash the unix core or something? I don't know i recently switched to Mac.

I'm on the verge of reformatting everything. I can use Migration Assistant to restore back everything from my Time Capsule right? How will it work?

I hope i provide enough details!

Ohh i forgot, when my internet isn't working i started to panic and i decided to redownload safari.
    When i tried to install i got this error.

Screenshot here
    [​IMG]

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

10.5.4 includes Safari 3.1.2, so it might not want to install 3.1.1 over it.

Have you tried booting from your Leopard DVD and running Disk Utility (from the menu after selecting language), and doing a Repair?

3. Annngel thread starter macrumors regular

Isn't that the same as typing Disk Utility in spotlight, launch disk utility
    Select Macintosh HD and verify disk and then repair?
    or repair permissions?

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

No, its not the same

Here is some good background reading for you

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1417

5. Annngel thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, i managed to boot into leopard and used the Disk Utility i did the repair,
    and it said the Macintosh HD appears to be OK.

I did permission too it was something about group suppose to be 0 but it was 26 and then it said permission repaired.

My time machine still is stuck at 'Preparing for backup'.

Is it because of the unix core system being corrupted or something? How to rebuild that?

6. Annngel thread starter macrumors regular

For some reason now, time machine works.

But still, does anyone knows what was the problem?