Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Any idea what this means? I get it at the startup of onyX when I run the s.m.a.r.t. status check at the beginning.

Attachments

• onyxerror.jpeg
    onyxerror.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 150

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
it works perfectly otherwise, I was just curious what it could be because I have successfully ran the program without the error before. :)

dogbone

macrumors 68020
it works perfectly otherwise, I was just curious what it could be because I have successfully ran the program without the error before. :)

I used onyx for a while and system optimizer X, much the same. They are pretty useless and they give too many confusing options and alarming error messages. they only run internal scripts and clear caches.

If you are having problems then you are better off manually deleting a specific pref or cache file rather than clearing everything out. But as I said applejack is less confusing. Plus I guarantee you will enjoy watching it work in single user mode. You will feel much more geeky and powerful and it impresses the ladeez too.

tempques

macrumors member
May 25, 2006
You need to boot from your OS X disk and run Disk Utility to repair your Hard Drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.