onyx for leopard? or other cleaner avail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whitemac2, Dec 10, 2007.

1. whitemac2 macrumors member

i am downloading the onyx but am running leopard and was wondering if it will work with leopard or not? or if there was another cleaner avail for leopard or somethnig that works just as well?

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I've been using it since the release. I can confirm it does the most basic maintenances.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I like OnyX...they haven't yet released a final version for Leopard, but you can download the latest beta version here. It should run fine.

Cocktail (paid) and MainMenu are two other popular ones that have Leopard-compatible versions already out.

4. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

i tried to open it and it says that it doesnt work with my verson of mac OS which is the tiger 10.5 whats the deal?

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You probably downloaded the Tiger version, which is 10.4. It won't work on Leopard.

6. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

As I said in my previous post, there is no final release yet. The link I gave has links to versions for all of the operating systems.

It looks like the beta for the Leopard version may still be French-only, so you may want to wait until they get an English version (assuming you don't read French) or explore one of the other options I suggested.

8. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

10. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

onyx is still in beta support for Leopard, 1.8.4b, there are also nightly builds of the almost final version 1.9 that is Leopard compatible

Give Leopard Cache Cleaner a try, is a very good app with lots of features... :apple:

Cheers!