Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arodweb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Houston, Texas
hello there
i just tried the latest version of onyx to day and it's a pretty sweet app!, BUT soemthing weird happened when i restarted my PM, the desktop wallpapers on bboth of my displays were gone!

any thoughts?? :confused:

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Odd. The desktop pics shouldn't be affected at all and mine have never been. Are you sure it's ONYX? Try restarting before/after running onyx to see if it is indeed the cause of your problems.

Arodweb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Houston, Texas
It has never ahppened up until i ran onyx :(

could it be that because i have a different path to my wallpapers folder is no the default one?

example: i keep my wallpapers in a external HD and that's where i load them from.

thanks for the reply

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Arodweb said:
could it be that because i have a different path to my wallpapers folder is no the default one?

Could be the reason. Maybe ONYX deletes the link when it performs its clean up functions - maybe try unchecking some of the boxes under 'Cleaning' to see if that solves the problems.

Just shooting in the dark really, wish I could be more specific!

Arodweb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Houston, Texas
munkle said:
Could be the reason. Maybe ONYX deletes the link when it performs its clean up functions - maybe try unchecking some of the boxes under 'Cleaning' to see if that solves the problems.

Just shooting in the dark really, wish I could be more specific!

you've been helpful!

it's no biggie ,i was just wondering about it, as long as nothing else wierd happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.