Onyx\Maint\Automations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rick snagwell, Dec 13, 2011.

1. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

I'm on a iMac used by 5 people....and really hate my history in safari being stored. i know i can manually clean/delete my history.

question is: can i have onyx run every couple hours and clean all this for me automatic? i see pref for maint. and automations, and they seem like they might be able to do something like this?

thx

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Why not just turn on Private Browsing, then your history is not stored. I think there is even a terminal command you can use to make Private Browsing the default.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, you can set your Safari Preferences to only store history for 1 day, as opposed to longer. Also, you can clear your history very quickly, by clicking History > Clear History. You can also select Safari > Private Browsing, which won't store any history at all.

4. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

private browsing sucks for me, cuz i really don't know alot of my pwords anymore. and if its enabled i hafta enter them manually. and i know about just clearing it manually guys...just was wondering if there is a script that can do this auto.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Better hope your keychain doesn't get corrupted/deleted then :)

6. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

in my 6 years as an apple whore...i've been lucky i guess