Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I'm using Onyx since a while (I think since Leopard IIRC...) and I only have positive experiences from that.
Now with OS X 10.11 things changed a little bit, especially regarding system utilities: no more checks for permissions etc.
Onyx version for EL Capitan still allow you to manually perform some tasks.
Not that Im going to perform manual scripts every day, but what I'm saying is what about use Onyx from time to time just to check the system ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm using Onyx since a while (I think since Leopard IIRC...) and I only have positive experiences from that.
Now with OS X 10.11 things changed a little bit, especially regarding system utilities: no more checks for permissions etc.
Onyx version for EL Capitan still allow you to manually perform some tasks.
Not that Im going to perform manual scripts every day, but what I'm saying is what about use Onyx from time to time just to check the system ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

I use OnyX for El Capitan every once in awhile. It works the same as it always has and is still free. You can use it whenever you feel it's time or when things start to slow down.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I also use it once in a while. It makes it easy to clean up bits and pieces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.