Onyx says that startup disk is no longer journaled? How?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by quantum003, Feb 28, 2010.

1. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Hi guys,

I use Onyx to clean up my machine and recently I have been getting an error message that says my startup volume is "not journaled".

[​IMG]

I know the drive was originally formatted Extended Journaled... could that have been un-done somehow or is Onyx just confused?

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

3. quantum003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Thanks for the post, MacDawg! I did a couple of screen shots, and my startup disk is no longer journaled, although the second partition on that disk (Spare1) still is. See the images below...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And while doing the screen shots, I noticed the "Enable Journaling" button in Disk Utility for the first time ever. I just had to uninstall the most recent Mac Pro firmware update to get my MP2009 to boot again... the journaling must have been removed in the process somehow.

I'm at work now but will try to enable it again as soon as I get home. Thanks again for the help. :)

4. OddThomas macrumors regular

OddThomas

hey guys how are you putting the red arrows and circles on these pictures. sorry i know it's a stupid question and off the point of the thread, but i've been trying to do this for a while and can't find a simple app that does it.

5. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I use Skitch
    It will let you select areas or windows
    Super easy and super fast markup and upload

I also use GraphicConverter at times

For screen shots... there is a list of keyboard shortcuts in your system preferences under Keyboard

[​IMG]

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Why not just use Preview? Just use the Annotate tools.

Example below VVV

Attached Files:

7. OddThomas macrumors regular

OddThomas

I love you man!!!

That is exactly what i was looking. I can't believe i missed that!! I use W7 at work and when you do a screen capture, it has simple tools to draw on the pict and that's what i've been looking for in SL. I always think, if it's in Windows it HAS to be in OSX somewhere... and this one had me stumped.

thank you thank you thank you!!

8. Stoneracket macrumors newbie

Can't re-enable journaling

I just had the same thing happen to me, quantum003. However, I'm using OnyX 1.8.6 in Tiger 10.4.11 and this didn't happen when I ran it four months ago. But now I can't re-enable journaling on my HFS+ HD with either Disk Utility or Tech Tool Pro 5.0.7 and I'm at a loss as to how to proceed without having to erase and reinstall the OS.