Oops.. AT&T did not put data plan on my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mntentman, Aug 6, 2008.

1. mntentman macrumors regular

AT&T called me two weeks after I got my iPhone, said I had no data plan and needed to add one. Of course, I explained that I had a data plan, could not get out of the store without one. The rep said, yes that's right, but was having trouble making it retroactive.

So... my bills shows up today with $724 in data charges for the first 13 days of the plan. Oops. But I called and they said they would fix it.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You see, this is why you need a data plan on an iPhone. Yes you assumed you had one and you should have had one. To those people who don't want a data plan, one day when you forget you don't have one and load a Google map and find out that that one map will cost several dollars, you'll want a data plan!

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OP, they'll take care of that bill, so don't worry about it. I looked at your post and said OMG, that's gonna' be expensive! Sounds like the Genius or AT&T Rep messed-up. I had the same thing with Unlimited Text Messaging for my Family Plan, or so I thought??? They charged my account for 12,000 at .20 cents per text message for a whopping total of about $2,500.00 plus my regular wireless bill, of course. They took it off my account as soon as they noticed it and gave me a call...:eek: